Article 1 - Definitions
- ‘Data subject‘, ‘personal data‘, ‘controller‘, ‘processor‘ and ‘processing‘ have the meaning as referred to in the Privacy Legislation (defined below). In addition, the following words and phrases have the following meaning:
- ‘Security incident’ - an actual, expected or suspected i) violation of technical and organizational security measures leading to accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access to data, including Personal data, ii) violation of Privacy Legislation or this Processors agreement by a current or former employee, contractor or agent of the Processor or by another person or third party, and / or iii) event where the security, confidentiality, integrity or availability of data, including Personal data, are or may reasonably have been compromised;
- ‘Platform provider’ - Chainels B.V., acting under the name Chainels, offers you, on behalf of the Controller (as defined below), the platform you would like to use; and
- ‘Privacy legislation’ - the Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 July 2002 concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector (Directive on privacy and electronic communications), the national laws implementing this directive and/or, the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the "General Data Protection Regulation" or "GDPR") and the national laws implementing this regulation, as well as any legislation or regulation that changes, complements or replaces the foregoing from time to time.
Article 2 - Nature and purpose of data processing
Article 3 - Processed data
- The Controller can save or register the following personal data: name, e-mail address, password IP address, browser, operational system, the internet address of the website from which you are directly linked to the platform, and any personal photos, telephone numbers, other personal or professional data, the pages you visit, the functionalities and/or mobile applications that you use, the date on which you log in and the messages and/or comments you write and/or perform.
- Your Personal data will be used exclusively for the objectives or purposes set, subject to legal obligations. The Controller will limit himself to collecting the data most necessary for this purpose.
- Your Personal data will be deleted within 1 month after you have indicated to the Controller that you no longer wish to make use of the platform, or the Controller ends the use of the platform, unless the Personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to retain data.
Article 4 - Security
- The Controller shall do his utmost to protect your data and shall take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data from breaches of security, confidentiality or integrity and other unauthorized or unlawful forms of processing.
- You yourself are responsible for the safe storage of your unique password and account information. In addition, you yourself are responsible for securing access to the e-mail address on which you receive e-mails from the Controller with regard to the platform.
- All information from the platform is stored on servers within the European Economic Area. If this should change in the future, you will be informed thereof in good time.
Article 5 - Providing information to third parties
- The Controller will only pass on personal information to third parties if it is required to do so by law or court orders.
- The Controller may collect and provide company information, not consisting of Personal Data to third parties.
- The Controller uses only functional cookies that make it possible to recognize you, so you may get an optimal users experience. The Controller does not place cookies in favour of third parties such as advertisers (so-called 'third-party cookies').
- The platform is a protected environment, to which only users with the appropriate rights have access and where sensitive information can be shared. You declare to discretely deal with the information, shared with you in confidence and not to share this via other (social) media. Should you decide to distribute information, you yourself will be responsible for any consequences thereof.
Article 6 - Confidentiality employees
The persons who act under the authority of the Controller, the Controller himself and those who have access to the Personal Data, are obliged to maintain confidentiality with regard to the Personal Data of which they take cognizance, except insofar they will be obliged by law and regulations to pass on information.
Article 7 - Processors
- In order to offer the platform, the Controller makes use of the services of third parties, including Platform Provider, who as Processors can process your Personal Data for the benefit of the Controller.
- The Controller remains fully liable for the consequences of outsourcing work to a Processor.
Article 8 - Access, complaints and liability
- You can check whether your Personal data is correct, complete and up-to-date by logging in to your account and changing or supplementing the Personal data.
Article 9 - Liability
The Controller is liable for any damage resulting from the processing of Personal Data by using the platform.
Article 11 - Disputes and applicable law